Leaving Violence (SHLV)
Staying Home Leaving Violence
This program supports women & children who are experiencing domestic violence, to remain living in their home, or a home of their choice, free from violence.
This program offers Case Management that will assist to identify and assess needs and help to set and achieve goals. This can include:
- Safety audits to assess the safety of the home and undertake upgrades that can include changing locks, security lighting and repairing damaged windows and doors to increase the security of the home.
- Assistance with safety planning, information and equipment to help women and their children to be safe.
- Personal security devices.
- E-safety assessment to identify any security issues with IT equipment and to detect listening devices or GPS trackers.
- Support and advocacy during the various legal processes including liaising with police and in both the Local Court and Family Law Court.
- Referral to other specialist services as needed; both internally and externally.
- Emotional support.
- Assistance to obtain financial support and information.