STAYING HOME LEAVING VIOLENCE - (women only).
This service supports women & children who are experiencing domestic violence, to remain living where they choose and have the violent person leave.
This program offers:
- case management – a Case Manager will assist to identify and assess needs, and help to set and achieve goals.
- expertise on domestic and family violence.
- referral to other specialist services; both internally and externally.
- brokerage funding to upgrade home and personal security, and assist in recovery.
- property security audits, in conjunction with local police.
- assistance with safety planning.
- assistance for women and their children to be safe.
- personal security devices.
- support and advocacy during the various legal processes both in the Local Court and Family Law Court.
- general advocacy.
- emotional and psychological support.
- emergency relief in the form of grocery and personal care packages.
- assistance to obtain financial support and information.
- group work education for women around domestic violence and self esteem.
The person who uses the violence is responsible for their violence. If anyone leaves the home it should be them.
This service is funded by NSW Family and Community Services.
Staying Home Leaving Violence
Ph: (02) 4934 2585 – option 2