Hunter Valley Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services (HVWDVCAS)
This service is for women only. This service supports women who are experiencing domestic violence by:
- making contact after any domestic violence incident where Police have been called.
- identifying needs and referring to other specialist services; both internally and externally.
- providing support at Maitland, Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Singleton, Muswellbrook, Raymond Terrace, Scone and Dungog Local Courts in relation to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) matters.
- providing expertise on domestic and family violence, to service users and the community.
- providing information, support, and advocacy related to Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (A.D.V.O) processes.
- providing advocacy for women with the legal system.
- providing access to legal advice and in some cases legal representation to women who have experienced Domestic Violence.
- Carrie’s Place has Aboriginal Focus Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Workers available for support.