How We
Can Help

HVWDVCAS Domestic and Family Violence Specialists Workers can help you by:

  • Listening to your experience
  • Providing you with information about what help is available
  • Connecting you to services and support to assist with your needs including:
    – accommodation or housing
    – counselling
    – financial assistance
    – legal advice and support
    – support through the court process

Safer Pathways

The HVWDVCAS is the Local Coordination Point for Police to refer female victim survivors of DFV for support. So, if you have had contact with Police in relation to DFV, a HVWDVCAS Domestic and Family Violence Specialist Worker will attempt to contact you by phone to offer assistance, safety planning, support and referrals.

What is Safer Pathway?
Safer Pathway is a new way to provide services to victims of domestic and family violence. You will have a single contact point and services will work together to create a coordinated response for you, or you and your children.

When police attend a domestic violence incident or you go to the police station to report an incident, they will assess the current level of threat to you. Your information will be quickly relayed to the nearest Local Coordination Point where you live. This service is part of the Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service. A specialist domestic and family violence worker will contact you to discuss your needs and will talk to you about available services to support you.

If you are assessed at serious threat, the worker will talk to you about referral to a Safety Action Meeting. This meeting is attended by agencies who work in the area of domestic and family violence and can initiate action very quickly to reduce the level of threat to you and your family. They will consider your circumstances and develop a safety plan for you to consider. After the meeting, the Local Coordination Point worker will call you to discuss whether or not you wish to accept any of the services offered.

The service is funded by Legal Aid NSW.

If you feel unsafe call 000 immediately​