HVWDVCAS Primary Health Network Local Link Services
It is estimated that a full time GP will see 5 patients experiencing Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) each week but 9 out of 10 GPs do not ask about it. As such the Primary Health Network Local Link:
- Connects general practices to the PHN Primary Care DFV training to build GP confidence in discussing DFV with patients and making referrals into Safer Pathway.
- Provides information on the Primary Health Network Local Link role, the role of the WDVCAS and the supports they can provide to both patients, GP offices and allied health professionals.
- Undertakes secondary consultations with GPs and allied health professionals, to provide support and advice regarding responding to people experiencing DFV.
- Provides a holistic service that is inclusive, promotes growth, authentic and trauma-informed to clients referred by GP offices and allied health professionals.
- Provides referral information for men who are victims of DFV and men who use violence.
- Supports clients in the Hunter-Port Stephens Local Police District.
Referrals can be made by GP practices and allied health professionals. These referrals can be sent by fax (4934 5192) or via Medical Objects (Domestic Violence Local Coordination Point – HUNTER VALLEY LOCAL CL2323000FU).
The Primary Health Network Local Link is funded by Legal Aid NSW in collaboration with the Primary Health Network.