Compliments & Feedback
Feedback is incredibly important to the team at Carrie's Place Domestic Violence & Homelessness Services. We are committed to continuously improving our processes and service provision.
If you would like to provide us with feedback about your experience with Carrie's Place, the service you have been provided and mention what was positive about the support that you received - and who it was provided by - please complete the Feedback Form at the bottom of this page.
Carrie's Place Domestic Violence & Homelessness Services is committed to providing an efficient and effective complaints handling service to clients, their advocates, service providers and the community. We value complaints from those who deal with us because it helps us to improve our service delivery by revealing areas where we need to change our policies, procedures and practices.
Carrie's Place is committed to ensuring that any complaints we receive are handled in a way that is responsive, fair and courteous and that respects the privacy of the person making the complaint. We also commit to ensuring that we provide reasons for any decisions we make in relation to complaints we receive.
What Complaints are Covered Under Our Policy?
Our policy applies to complaints that relate to Carrie's Place and its services. They may include complaints about:
- The way a service has been provided
- Disagreement with decisions made by Carrie's Place
- A failure to provide a service, or lack of response to a request for service
- The actions of our staff – unfair or poor treatment of a person
- Difficulties with getting access to our services, such as physical access to an office, or a failure to assist with communication difficulties;
- Conflict of interest between a staff members official duties and their private interests;
- Complaints relating to any one of our refuges, any of its services, its staff or any representative of the refuge (including management).
How Do I Make a Complaint?
Wherever possible, complaints are best resolved informally by the people involved. You, or your advocate should talk or write to the person responsible for the decision or conduct about which you are complaining. Carrie's Place has a Carrie's Place Feedback and Complaints Form (this is an interactive PDF) which includes an easy-to-follow Fact Sheet to help you understand the processes for lodging a complaint.
Note: Staff members of Carrie's Place can support clients to make a complaint, if needed, by:
- Providing accurate information about the complaints process; or
- Assisting clients to make a complaint; or
- Making the complaint on their behalf
Carrie's Place is committed to handling complaints in a way that respects people’s privacy and confidentiality. The only people who will have access to information about your complaint are those who are working on resolving it.
If you have any concerns about the confidentiality of your complaint, you can tell the person who is handling it.
To lodge a complaint in another language, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm on weekdays.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. For more information, visit: www.relayservice.gov.au
If you are not satisfied with the response, you, or your advocate should try to discuss the matter again with the appropriate Program Manager (Homelessness - Ange Kiley & Domestic Violence - Karen McKenzie). If you are still not satisfied, or if you are unsure of who is the appropriate person to contact about your complaint, you can call or write to the CEO.
The CEO will listen to your complaint and will let you know what they will be doing with your complaint and the time frames for getting back to you.
- Phone: Call (02) 4934 2585 to talk directly to the CEO. You can contact the office between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Print and complete the Carrie's Place Feedback and Complaints Form and post it to either recipient:
Carrie's Place Domestic Violence & Homelessness Services
P.O. Box 310
East Maitland NSW 2323
- Online: Complete the form below.